- This event has passed.
Potjiekos Challenge 2016
July 22, 2016
Please take note and be reminded that the ROCCI Annual Potjie Challenge special expires in ONE DAY . Book your Pots, either your own or you sponsored pots and pay before the 1st July 2016, in order to benefit from the special Price of R350.00 only.
As from the 1st July all entry pots will cost R550.00.
The ROCCI Annual Potjie is as always our wondrous brag event of the year, and this year we superseded our best and incorporated a few things extra, in order to benefit our members.
For the first time Ever, The ROCCI Potjie challenge 2016 is open to the public, so anyone can enter.
Also we have opened a “sponsor a pot challenge”, where you are welcome to sponsor a company or a charity their pot, members can then still add their branding to the sponsored pot. This way those who do not wish to enter or cook their potjies, can still benefit and introduce their business as well as doing a service to those in need.
This year Ekudeni will be hosting our ROCCI Annual 2016 Potjie event, and is sponsored by VEGA.
We have two “brag spots” left up for grabs, namely the entertainment area, and the prize giving area. These brag spots are going for R2500.00 each. Here you can add your branding to these spots.
Please note that every year a lot of entries dress up and theme their stands, which is always wonderful, and promotes good team spirit and fun, however it is not compulsory, but we say go for it, enjoy the day and if you theme up do it all out.
Some basic rules to the potjie are as follows:
· Four person teams.
· Must use a cast iron or potjie pot.
· Coal, gas or wood must be used to cook your pot, no electric stoves will be permitted.
· No pre-cooked foods will be judged.
· All ingredients must be raw and everything must be cooked from scratch.
· One side dish (starch) must be cooked too, for example, pot bread, rice, pap, samp etc
· Starters and desserts are allowed but won’t be judged.
· Make sure you have a menu, stating your dish and the ingredients.
· Don’t forget your cutlery and crockery.
· Judges will require only one plate for judging , so make sure you have enough utensils for the tasters.
· Keep your stations clean and safe.
Don’t forget to bring enough business cards, pamphlets and branding too.
Those wishing to book a room for a sleep over can call and book EKUDENI directly, and remember it’s at your own cost.
All judges chosen are independent and ROCCI has no say in their judgements.
Those wishing to sponsor gifts and prizes for the day are welcome to contact us, acknowledgement will be given.
For any additional information, please contact us.
Download Guidelines Here
Download Booking form Here